Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds: "Abattoir Blues" / "The Lyre of Orpheus" ('04)

I have a man-crush on Nick Cave. There, I said it. Now that that's out of the way...

I've had one of those odd fanboy-isms over him in such a way that he can do no wrong in my eyes. If he recorded an album of him cock-slapping a snare-drum, I'd most likely rave about it, calling it "original" (Fuck, I'm so pretentious). Anywho, I wasn't going to write this review, as it would probably have no bearing on the quality barometer. Like a certain George A. Romero movie from 2005, even if the album was bad, I'd refuse to admit it. But don't let that lessen your confidence in Nick Almighty, as the album IS generally incredible.

In case you're wondering, I review these two albums together as they were released and recorded together. After Blixa Bargeld, guitarist, left the Bad Seeds, Nick & The Bad Seeds recorded these two in just 16 days. It's his finest works, and shows his versatility better then any other record can. Each of his records tended to carry a certain style through and through, but this is more of a continuous mix of styles that's a great opening for any Nick Cave virgins. Every Nick Cave style I've found, from story-songs to glorious rock anthems are all present, and each one screams Nick, loud and clear.

Descarga aqui. (Parte Uno)
Descarga aqui. (Parte Dos)
Video: "Do You Love Me?" (Off of Let Love In)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool stuff here thank you!!!!!!!